This recipe was shared with me by my good friend Ryan (thanks girl!)! We love it so much.. it is quick, easy, and filling! I decided to share it with my blog friends because a few of them have growing boys with appetites to match! This will make a great after school snack! Also, with summer approaching, this also makes a terrific side dish! ENJOY!
Bowtie Pasta and Spinach!
(For Gluten Free option, use Gluten Free Pasta)
30 minutes Prep and Cook Time combined.
Makes 12 servings!
1 (12oz.) Package Bowtie or Penne Pasta
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
6 Slices of Bacon Chopped
2 Tablespoons minced Garlic
1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
1 bunch fresh chopped spinach (or 1 cups frozen, rinsed, and drained chopped spinach)
Salt & Parmesan Cheese
1. Boil Pasta in lightly salted water- add pasta and cook until tender and ready.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in medium skillet, add bacon and FRY!
3. Add Garlic to skillet; stir fry with bacon for about 1 minute.
4. Stir in tomatoes, cook until heated through.
5. Place spinach in colander and drain the hot pasta over it so it wilts.
6. Transfer to large serving bowl and toss with remaining olive oil.
7. Add bacon, garlic, and tomato mixture.
8. Add a pinch of salt if needed.
9. Garnish with Grated Parmesan Cheese.
Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled!