Thursday, August 5, 2010
Majestiquely Wonderful Lunch Ideas for Back To School!
If you have a picky eater like my 10 year old… I’m sure you have the challenge of figuring out what you can send to school in the form of a nutritious lunch that will NOT either end up in the trash or make it’s way back home to you resulting in a STARVING child after school. So, I sat my very smart 10 year old child down and had her give me her top 10 packed lunches picks! Here we go….
1. Salsa, Nacho Cheese and Chips
2. Turkey & Cheese Wraps with dipping sauce
3. The old fashioned PB&J sandwich on White Wheat
4. Chicken Salad with Grapes on the side
5. Chicken Noodle Soup with Crackers
6. Chili with Cornbread Crackers
7. Chicken Nuggets with BBQ Sauce & Carrots on the side.
8. Cubed Chicken, Turkey or Ham with Crackers and carrots with Ranch dressing on the side.
9. The Old Fashioned Bologna or Bacon Sandwich on White wheat or a Bisquit.
10. Kabobs! ~ any combination will do!
Now, being truthful… I had to add the healthy “carrots” in there.. but the she did pretty good! I’ve also the Kabob recipe to help you get started!!! Have fun, ENJOY & let me know what you think!
How do you turn a sandwich into a fun snack? Make it a KABOB-WICH!
• lunch meat
• grape tomatoes
• any other ingredients your child make like on their sandwich
Instructions – EASY!
1. Cut up cubes of bread, cheese, and lunch meat (we ordered 1/2-inch-thick slices of ham and turkey at the deli counter or cube left over steak, ham, chicken or turkey from dinner).
2. Slide the cubes onto a skewer with other foods your child likes, such as a grape tomato, a piece of lettuce, a pickle, or an olive.
3. Wrap in foil or ziplock bag to keep fresh.
4. Be sure to pack a side of mayo or mustard for dippin.