Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Majestique's DELICOUS Turkey Sausage Patties!!!!

TURKEY SAUSAGE PATTIES! ~ Promoting a healthy heart and healthy eating!

Believe it or not, I catch a LOT of flack from my southern relatives because I do not eat beef or pork. I hear it everytime I visit and meal time comes around. First question... "are you Muslim"... answer.. "NO.... I just recognize that our family has a history of diabetes and hypertension...and I want to curve my chances of battling those diseases.. if I can by eating healthier". Sometimes, I believe that some people are offended... "oh, you're too good to eat what we have!" or "Pork ain't never hurt nobody!!! Look at me.. I'm fit" But the difference in our grandparents eating that way and us eating that way is they were a lot more active than we are. They ate from the farm.. but they worked the farm... therefore, working all of the calories and moving the harmful toxins out. WE... eat that same way, but then sit in front of a television.. or worse.. take a nap! SO.... in lieu of ALLLLLLLL the comments I receive from my "pork and beef" eaters.. I still say... Don't knock it until you TRY IT!!! It's a lifestyle change... and it may not be for everyone.. but I will continue to share healty recipes I come across!!!! So.. in Memory of my Uncle Eddie.. here's a good one!!!!



1 pound Ground turkey meat
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground pepper
1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage or 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, allspice or mace
olive oil for frying


In large bowl, combine turkey meat and all ingredients except olive oil.
Mix well and Shape mixture into patties about 1/2 inch thick.
In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm a thin film of olive oil.
Fry the patties, turning once, until golden and cooked through. about 7 minutes on each side.
Serve Immediately!

(I actually serve my turkey sausage patties with rice and collard greens for dinner! YUMMMMMY) ~ and by the way... I've been beef and pork free for 15 years... and I FEEL GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is a great recipe! I tried it this weekend and everyone loved it! Keep them coming! You post some good finds! What happened to the song of the week?

Floss Baby! said...

GREAT! I'm glad it worked for you!!! Here's to healthy eating!!!! I haven't forgotten about the song of the week.... :-) But thanks for letting me know you're peeking in!!!!

Anonymous said...

need more recipes!!! holidays coming... what do u have for us Majesique!!!???

Laverne said...

Sounds yummy! I am going to have to give this one a try! I am always looking for healthy options for my family. We are rooted in our traditional cruisine as well, and it is not always the healthiest for us! Looking forward to seeing what else you have for the holidays!
-