Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sun Salutations!!!

If you've never tried a Sun Salutation... I suggest, you put on your yoga (or yoga like) outfit, light your Majestique Spa Candles (www.MajestiqueSpa.com), find a place facing the rising sun.... and begin to Relax, Relate and Release while receiving ALL of that GOOD energy, Vitamin C and Vitality from the SUN!!!

It's been said that Yoga's sun salutations are among the most refined and effective movement meditations for health and well-being ever created. This exercise was originally practiced to connect to the sun's vitality. The combination of forward & backbends, awakens the breath and promotes circulation. I also find that it brings forth a balance of Chi. (our energy)

It can be done anywhere... like I said, facing the rising sun. Afterwards, I usually sit for a moment.... gather my thoughts, do my four fold breathing...(I spoke about that in Quiet Sundays) and meditate for as long as my household lets me. :-) Afterward, I follow up with .... yes, a nice cup of tea (www.NotJustTea.com)...and allow my self more time of Stillness.

Here's one of my favorite clips starring internationally acclaimed vinyasa flow yoga teacher Shiva Rea. ENJOY.... Submerge!

No comments: