YUMMY!! Zip Lock Omelets!~ Majestique Momma's Quick Recipes for the Momma's on the GO!
ZIP LOCK Omelets! Quick & No MESS!!!
This a recipe I found and I LOVE IT! It allows for big families or groups to all get their omelets piping hot at the SAME TIME!!! No Frying!!! No extra fat!
1) Start a BIGGGG pot (Dutch Oven Size) with boiling water!!! Water must be rolling before you can use it. DO NOT ADD ANYTHING to your water.
2) Prepare and set out in buffet style all of your favorite ingrediants that you want to put in your omelet (spinach, turkey bacon, garlic, onions, peppers, cheese...etc.)
3) Give each person their own Gallon size zip lock freezer bag and write their names with a sharpie on it.
4) Crack 3 eggs in each bag... (if using only egg whites... use 4), shake until egg is well "scrambled".
5) Add all of the ingrediants from your "buffet" to your bag and shake again for another 30 seconds.
6) Make sure your bags are sealed correctly and add up to 7 bags at a time to the boiling rolling... very hot water. Let cook for 13 -15 minutes.
7) Carefully remove omelet bag from water and place on towel. Roll omelet over so it releases easily onto plate...